After getting home at 3am the night before then waking up at 7am to skype with family, Dan and I decided to go back to bed and sleep in a little. When we woke up, snow was on the ground, lunch was ready and Christmas supper was in preparation. I could not believe it was time to eat AGAIN. Zia Teresa excused herself as she said lunch wasn’t much because we had a big supper to eat this evening. We were more worried about having to eat again than not having an elaborate lunch before another feast. After lunch, Gian-Luca’s girlfriend, Elise and her dog Camilla, Elisabetta and her husband Michele and their dog Marte came over for Christmas supper. You may think it’s funny I included the dogs but no lie they eat with us. I’ve seen maybe dogs get scraps fed to them under the table but I have never seen a dog get spaghetti fresh from the pot toppled with sauce and a few meatballs, then freshly grated cheese on top. It’s dog heaven in Italy! These dogs do not get scraps but their own dish! It’s was pretty funny. We had a nice evening together after eating another feast, again seafood eyes included. We took a family picture in front of the Christmas tree. From Dan to the left it Michele, Elise and her Dog Camilla, Gian-Luca, and Zio Mimmo. In front is Elisabetta and her dog Marte and Zia Teresa.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Christmas Feast
After getting home at 3am the night before then waking up at 7am to skype with family, Dan and I decided to go back to bed and sleep in a little. When we woke up, snow was on the ground, lunch was ready and Christmas supper was in preparation. I could not believe it was time to eat AGAIN. Zia Teresa excused herself as she said lunch wasn’t much because we had a big supper to eat this evening. We were more worried about having to eat again than not having an elaborate lunch before another feast. After lunch, Gian-Luca’s girlfriend, Elise and her dog Camilla, Elisabetta and her husband Michele and their dog Marte came over for Christmas supper. You may think it’s funny I included the dogs but no lie they eat with us. I’ve seen maybe dogs get scraps fed to them under the table but I have never seen a dog get spaghetti fresh from the pot toppled with sauce and a few meatballs, then freshly grated cheese on top. It’s dog heaven in Italy! These dogs do not get scraps but their own dish! It’s was pretty funny. We had a nice evening together after eating another feast, again seafood eyes included. We took a family picture in front of the Christmas tree. From Dan to the left it Michele, Elise and her Dog Camilla, Gian-Luca, and Zio Mimmo. In front is Elisabetta and her dog Marte and Zia Teresa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment